View All foodpanda Jobsfoodpanda
foodpanda is the world’s favorite way to order food online to your home or office. With hundreds of restaurants ready to receive orders via our website and mobile app, no one should have to suffer from the lack of variety or long queues to enjoy great food.
However, this doesn’t happen without some really awesome people. We are looking for a qualified Compliance Associate in the Digital Payment Services domain to support our growing Pakistan team as part of an international team of highly talented and motivated people.
- Build and maintain Foodpanda’s relationship with applicable regulators
- Develop and roll out relevant regulatory policies and procedures (AML / TF, Transaction monitoring, KYC / CDD etc.) and identify where local adjustments (including adjustments to products and/or services) may be needed.
- Serve as a business adviser and subject matter expert for new business and payment products and particularly in relation to the identification and assessment of AML / Terrorist Financing (“TF”) risk and development of mitigating compliance processes, controls and measures (e.g. KYC, Transaction monitoring etc.)
- Execute and monitor the regulatory compliance programs and processes in Pakistan in alignment with regional legal and compliance teams and management and provide support for license applications
- Instruct external law firms and external counsel as required
- Drive the creation of a comprehensive regulatory compliance program and governance structure for all financial products and services in
- Pakistan and aligned with Global Compliance Frameworks, including in the areas of Anti-Money Laundering (“AML”) and KYC.
- Collaborate with our legal, GRC and compliance teams across APAC and Berlin HQ to ensure standardization and alignment on data privacy matters
- Conduct compliance-related training for business teams
- Able to interpret e-money and payment services legislation and/or regulatory requirements and assess operational compliance with those requirements with a key focus on financial crime
- Act as a point of contact for Regulator and Merchant inquiries and reviews relating to all regulatory compliance matters in Pakistan.
- Comfortable working as an individual and with other teams to complete tasks
- Have good attention to detail and be able to demonstrate an analytical mind.
- Have good organizational skills with an ability to manage, priorities, work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Able to work cross-functionally with internal stakeholders
- Bachelor of Law degree with at least six (6) years of post-qualification experience and qualified to practice law in a common law jurisdiction
- Independent, goal-oriented and systematic way of working, decisive
- Background and proven professional experience in the field of compliance and/or financial services regulation with reputable law firms or as an in-house counsel, ideally with e-commerce, internet or tech companies. Industry experience with Fintech and e-money in Pakistan, in a payment services setting is preferred.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Gujranwala, Punjab
Application Deadline: N/A